Her baptism was beautiful- she wore a gown that was made with my wedding dress fabric. I absolutely loved it and it got so many compliments. She was very well behaved, and Brooks was fine as well. Once the baptism was over he was not for sitting through service so went to go play in the nursery, but all in all both kiddos were stellar. We had a nice brunch afterwards followed by a lovely visit with my parents. We actually stayed over Saturday night and had date night while the duo slept at home with Nana & Pa, then a nice family day Sunday. Thank you to my family for all the wonderful presents!
The following weekend was Hurricane Irene. We were fortunate and didn't lose power or have water damage, but it was a mess around here and the scariest storm I have been through. To break up being housebound B and I baked cookies and having Daddy home helped as well (that kid goes nuts if we don't get out of the house!).
Baptism pictures:
The gown- the beaded organza is all wedding dress material. So pretty :) I am going to do a little photo session with her one of these days to get a good shot (hard to do when one on one with the duo). I couldn't do it on Irene weekend b/c Ms. Ivy broke my camera lens- but thankfully we are back in order with a new lens and I can snap away.
Daddy & Ivy sleeping in before the big event
At church!
Ivy's wonderful godparents- Aunt Ali & Uncle Griff- got to walk her (and B) around to meet the congregation during the celebratory hymn after she was baptised
And at brunch- fortunately the weather held out so we could sit out on the patio, rain started falling as we packed the car.
Ivy is 6 months old!!! HAPPY HALF-BIRTHDAY LITTLE GIRL!
At 6 months:
Ivy takes 2 naps a day (around 9:30 & 1)
wakes 1-2x a night (sleeps from 7 until around 3 and then up briefly at 5/6ish until around 7)
Is going to start eating babyfood as soon as I get around to picking it up!
Laughs at the antics of her dog and brother
Smiles huge when Daddy gets home
Is a momma's girl- seriously, I love it but it is frustrating that she wants me all the time
Still is the smiliest baby ever
Sleeps on her belly (but we put her down on her back!)
Is lifting up onto her hands while on her belly (one step towards crawling!)
Is toothless
Can sit up all by herself!
Loves to shriek & squeal
Loves the mirror- if she sees a mirror or you call her pretty, you see her big gummy grin!
And between the Baptism and half birthday- there is a heavy Ivy quota of photos here (although B sure looked dapper in his suit!). SO here are some cutie pics of B recently
No comments:
Post a Comment